Image via Wikipedia
One of my favorite sports events will take place in less than a week, The NFL Draft. As I sit here today wondering if my team will trade up to get that special player or draft safe and stay on the path laid out before it, I started building an idea for this Blog.
What if all the marketing tools and vehicles were laid out before you in a draft format and you and your competitors had to draft your marketing tools and team? Which tools and resources would be crucial for you to draft a winning team and strategy for your run to success. Ok this is not going to be one of those top five lists that fits everyone. But Maybe you can find some fun and humor in thinking outside the box for a minute.
So here are the rules:
You and your top four competitors have to draft from the same pool of Marketing Tools and vehicles to market your company’s website. You Get the first pick but assume your competitors think similarly to you and they get your next three top tools. You get the fourth pick ect until all the tools are gone. Want to give it a go?
Here is your list of Draft Prospects:
- Facebook Page
- Facebook PPC
- Vertical Response
- Constant Contact
- Living social
- Web Directories
- Yext Tags
- White Papers
- Direct Mail (Bulk)
- Direct Mail Postcards
- Direct Mail Variable Data
- PURLS ( Personalized URL)
- Mobile Web
- Mobile App
- SMS TEXT Marketing
- Mobile ADS
- WEB ADS (320 x 260 etc…)
- Google Ad words
- Yahoo Life engine ads
Ok that is the list for this Draft. You can’t have everything. Your job is to pick eight vehicles for your marketing plan. Once again to play fairly you must assume your list is identical to your competitors so you only get a pick every four selections (1,5,9,13,17,21,25,29)
So what is your Draft board look like.
Here is mine without explanation :
3) SMS TEXT marketing
4) Direct Mail Post Cards
Ok send me your draft list – lets see your strategy. Have some fun.
Image via CrunchBase
We got an App for that!
Raising two teenagers I often wonder about changes in the world that they will someday see as significant for their lifetime. Has Apple and the Droid marketplace created such a technology that it transforms life for generations to come?
My generation it was the Microwave oven, MTV and the Computer. The list of invention in technology since then would take weeks to type so please just let me jump ahead and generalize a bit.
The Mobile App, is it this generations microwave oven? If it is How can local businesses use such a powerful tool to transform there own marketplace and potential marketing practices?
Technology seems to suggest that the APP feature on your phone or Facebook page is a cool tool that one would use to add entertainment or function to ones busy life or schedule. The the premise of building an App may seem difficult and confusing to most local business owners in a marketplace. However just as building a website today does not take a rocket scientist, mobile applications, mobile web pages and mobile marketing has changed at a rapid pace and is now doable with very little knowledge base to start with. AD services such as, ADMOB,and WCMobi, have developed services that provide platforms for local business to build a Application that is functional for the I-Phone and Droid systems, A customized web site made to fit all mobile phones and includes the important features of I Tap connections with , mapping, social connections etc…
So if the technology is available at an affordable rate how does local business use this technology to drive business and create the buzz about there APP.
- Keep it Simple – Stay true to who your best customers believe you to be. If you are local restaurant build an app that features your menu and your chef. Maybe offer a monthly recipe from the chef that they can try at home, or offer a VIP club Thursday night take home item that is posted each Thursday and allows app users to reserve there dish by 1pm for 5 pm pick up and take home.
- Connect it to your Social Media- Biggest reason is Growth potential and additional clients reach. Make sure your App customers can send it to their friends and share there new toy.
- Map out a quarterly Mobile Marketing Plan. Include: offers, frequency of updates, growth goals, responsible party.
- Create VIP Buzz with your best customers- Ask them to down load your app and try it out for you. Give them a Discount on their next order for filling out a satisfaction survey after a short trial. Mobile is just like Social, you must listen to the clients and adapt strategy where needed.
- Add Text Marketing communications and create weekly or monthly exclusive event for Mobile users. (Weekly Mobile only Coupon, Mobile VIP After-hours Event, Monthly Mobile Only Professional Advice.) Make sure your mobile users feel like they are receiving a special deal because they are members of your club. State up-front the frequency and reason for sending them texts then make it worth there time.
If you are a local business owner feel secure in the fact that your app does not need to be on the Apple Store for you to be successful. Just as your local website has little value globally, you really only need your local marketplace to capture your app and share it for you to make this rather small investment pay big rewards in marketing.
Local apps should be considered 1 to 1 marketing tools that allow you to communicate with a close group of customers and their friend s easily, the goal to capture that one extra purchase or use monthly that they might be spending elsewhere, and to increase your share of market with your circle of influence. For more information and a Free Mobile consultation contact Valet Marketing at www.1to1valet.com or get a started with your own unique Keyword at www.wcmobi.com